Current Job Openings
Job Type Reports To
Full-Time Board of Directors
FLSA Status Salary
Exempt $85,000 - $95,000
Habitat for Humanity of Kanawha & Putnam in Charleston, West Virginia (HFHKP) has an exciting opportunity for a results-driven professional to lead, manage and nourish our growth and strategic planning. The Executive Director (E.D.) is the organizational leader responsible for envisioning, communicating, and leading innovation to keep the organization viable, growing, and responsive to the housing needs of Habitat homebuyers.
The E.D. represents HFHKP within the local community, promoting Habitat’s mission and overseeing the performance of the affiliate in accordance with regulatory compliance policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- has experience working, leading, and motivating a unique mix of volunteers and paid staff;
- is an experienced nonprofit executive with good technology skills and proven leadership ability;
- has a record of success with marketing, fundraising, community engagement and collaboration;
- is comfortable with public speaking and will enthusiastically convey a passion for our organizational goals and philosophy; and
- has experience managing paid staff as well as working with governing boards in developing an organization’s plans, mission, strategy, and annual goals and objectives.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred.
May substitute academic degrees with a combination of education & experience.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in operational, functional, and administrative management.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and processes, including grant writing, donor solicitation, database management and event planning.
- Excellent organizational, public speaking, communications, problem solving, and analytical skills are essential.
- Experience in personnel management, to include hiring/firing, performance evaluations, and general supervision.
- Proven ability to work with volunteers to further develop community support to bolster organization’s overall success.
- Experience/knowledge in retail store management preferred.
- Experience reporting to and working with volunteer governing boards preferred.
- Experience/knowledge of construction project management preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with paid staff and volunteers to promote a positive attitude that serves to strengthen the mission of Habitat.
- Strategic development and oversight of HFHKP ReStores and construction projects.
- Administer and manage daily office operations, which includes budget development and execution.
- Share regular progress reports with the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
- Develop short- and long-range strategic plans.
- Play key role in resource development, including assurance of affordable housing grant applications and compliance, positive sponsor relationships, and special event implementation and effectiveness.
- Manage and coordinate marketing and communication activities to engage the community, build brand awareness, and inspire increased giving.
Salary and Benefits
The salary offered for this position can range from $85k-95k, commensurate with experience. HKHKP offers a competitive benefits package.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted through January 30, 2020.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Habitat for Humanity of Kanawha and Putnam provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.